Last night I took a train back to NYC so I missed the first half of the Grammys. I got back in time to see some great performances, some wonderful tributes and a few compulsory "huh?" moments. All in all it was a great night for the music biz, though dampened by the recent loss of the great Whitney Houston, and slightly diminished by the under-appreciation for the impact of Don Cornelius (Chris Brown playing a tribute?? I hope I missed the "real tribute" early in the show, as I missed the Etta James one).
For me the success of Adele was a testament to why we all love music so much - ultimately behind all the flash, whiz-bang & poofs, genuine artistry will always have a place in this world.
THE MILLION DOWNLOAD CAMPAIGN
Wanna be down? DOWNLOAD!
This Post has been translated into the following languages:
- Czech Translation [český jazyk]
- Dutch Translation [Nederlandse taal]
- French Translation [Français]
- German Translation [Deutsch]
- Hungarian Translation [Magyar Nyelv]
- Japanese Translation [日本語]
- Mandarin Translation [官话]
- Polish Tranlsation [Język Polski]
- Portuguese Translation [Português]
- Russian Translation [русский язык]
- Spanish Translation [Español]